Have you registered for the 2016 North America Conference & Expo: Engineering for Peak Performance yet? If not, time is running out to save $200 on early-bird registration. Register and book your hotel room by this Friday, August 12, 2016 to secure the best rates.
The SFPE North America Conference & Expo enables leading professionals from around the globe to come together for unparalleled networking opportunities and the chance to explore new products, technologies and business opportunities. This event is cited as the top source of the latest technical information on fire protection engineering issues and emerging trends, case studies, research, and codes and standards. Join your peers in Denver for this spectacular learning and networking event.
|FEATURED KEYNOTE SPEAKER|
Laurie Leshin, Ph.D.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
|Inspiring Future Innovators|
Effective leaders and innovators aren�t always born that way. Success is a product of other people being willing to see potential and take the time to �kick down a door�. Mentor opportunities can sometimes present themselves through pure luck. How do you recognize an opportunity to be mentored and to then serve as a mentor to a future leader?
Leshin will detail her own professional journey and her reflections on the differences that those opportunities have made in her life. She explores the responsibility that leaders and innovators have to ensure the success of the next generation.
In addition to the exceptional technical presentations and post-conference continuing professional development seminars, here are just a few highlights you can look forward to at the 2016 North America Conference & Expo:
Sunday, September 25
- Chapter Leadership Forum�1:00 pm � 3:00 pm.
- Annual Business Meeting�3:30 pm � 5:30 pm. Come hear the buzz about SFPE as the organization�s leaders present highlights from 2016 and lay out plans for 2017. Also, the Award for Chapter Excellence (ACE) will be presented to all chapters who received this honor.
- President�s Welcome Reception & Expo Opening�6:00 pm � 8:00 pm. Enjoy refreshments in the Expo hall while you explore the latest offerings in fire protection engineering and network with colleagues.
Monday, September 26
- SFPE 101 - Leading the Way�7:15 am � 8:15 am. Looking to see what you can get out of SFPE or looking to refresh? Come join the SFPE Staff for breakfast for topics covering; community highlights, IACET accreditation, database, technical highlights and much more.
- Keynote - Inspiring Future Innovators, Laurie Leshin, Ph.D., President, Worcester Polytechnic Institute�9:00 am � 9:45 am. Learn why effective leaders and innovators aren�t always born that way. Success is a product of other people being willing to see potential and take the time to �kick down a door�. Mentor opportunities can sometimes present themselves through pure luck. How do you recognize an opportunity to be mentored and to then serve as a mentor to a future leader?
- SFPE Fellow�s Recognition Ceremony�5:30 pm � 6:30 pm. Come see the new Fellows who were nominated for their outstanding contributions to the profession and then congratulate them at the Fellows Reception from 6:30 pm � 8:00 pm.
Tuesday, September 27
- Award Luncheon�12:00 pm � 1:30 pm. SFPE has a long-standing tradition of recognizing individuals and organizations for their outstanding achievements in support of the fire protection engineering profession. Join us as we honor this year�s recipients for their contributions to the Society and the profession.
- Dine Around Town� 6:00 pm � 8:00 pm. After two full days of learning, enjoy an evening out on the town savoring Denver�s exceptional culinary offerings. This informal dinner outing allows you select your cuisine of choice then dine out with colleagues and SFPE staff.
Wednesday - Friday, September 28 � 30
- Post-Conference Continuing Professional Development Seminars � Don�t forget to check out the post-conference professional development seminars on Beyond Cause & Origin Engineering Analysis of Building Fire; Engineering Human Response in Fire: Principles, Models and Application; Introduction to Fire Risk Assessment; and Principles of Fire Protection Engineering. Earn up to 21 professional development hours (PDHs) for attending. For complete details about each of these high-value seminars, check out the program on the SFPE website.
- Research Agenda Workshop� Wednesday, 8:00 am � 12:00 pm. The SFPE Subcommittee for Research & Innovation is responsible for charting the future research priorities for the profession. Currently, the Subcommittee is in the process of drafting a roadmap that will define a research agenda for the fire safety engineering profession. This roadmap will be a living document and have a long-term focus. It will be the definitive document that will be central to defining the future of SFPE's technical initiatives. Additionally, this roadmap will be used to a) coordinate future SFPE research initiatives, b) serve as a means to form partnerships with research providers, c) act as a bridge between research & practice, and d) serve as a guide for sub-themes for future SFPE conferences. The Subcommittee will be holding a workshop to solicit your feedback on the development of this document. There is no cost to participate, but registration is required. NOTE: (1) 4 PDHs will be provided.
- P.E. Exam Item Writing Session�1:00 pm � 5:00 pm.The fire protection engineering P.E licensing exam relies on a robust inventory of relevant and well-written items to test examinee minimum competency. This session will provide an introduction on writing high quality exam items and then an opportunity to write items for upcoming P.E. licensing exams. NOTE: (1) Must be a registered P.E. to participate; (2) 4 PDHs will be provided.
Exhibit & Sponsor Opportunities
Interested in exhibiting and/or sponsoring? Exhibit and sponsor spaces are selling out quickly, so don�t delay--click here to access 2016 Sponsor and Exhibit information, or contact Brian Marks, Media and Event Sales at email@example.com or 410-316-9855.
We hope you�ll join us in Denver for what promises to be one of the best North America Conference & Expos ever!